Thursday 18 March 2010

TINC v0.1

This is my first game, coded at irregular intervals on my free time during 2008. To be honest, I'd already done one at the Computer Graphics subject while at university, but I lost the floppy disks where I kept the last copy -_-U
But that's enough talk about the past. Behold TINC!!
As you can see, it is totally not a shameless ripoff of Columns. Many people start by coding a Tetris clone, but being the spirit of contradiction that I am (well, that's what my parents like to say), I chose Columns instead.
It is coded in C++ using SDL, with some Boost to add some flavour here and there. Although I started coding it on Linux, in the end I switched to Windows and Code::Blocks, to finish with Visual Studio Express.
This means the game is for Windows systems only, I'm sorry (it might work on Wine, but I haven't tested it myself; if somebody is willing to give it a try, please tell me and I'll put it here as well).
Attached are the MU links to the binary files (most of the space it takes is caused by the VS2005 and VS2008 redistributable packages), and the source code. Since I haven't touched it again since last year, it is quite messy (not even mentioning the graphical interface, which I did in a rush and never got to refactor it again).
For those who never read README files, these are the in-game controls:
  • Arrow keys: move or drop the falling column.
  • Z/X: Rotate the pieces of the falling column up/down
  • P: Pause/Unpause the game
Oh, and if it crashes before starting the game, you may have to install the two VC redistributable packages I mentioned before.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This is TINC, Not a Colums! Great xd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't speak your idiom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahaha...soy así de maligna.

    Mis planes para este blog son usarlo como herramienta para que Bioware o Bethesda se fijen en mí :D, además de conquistar el mundo, obviously, así que en principio las entradas estarán en la lengua de la pérfida Albión.

    ReplyDelete